Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2018

A Few of My Favorite Things (2018)

I'm taking a page out of Oprah's book and sharing some of my favorite things from this past year!


Last year for Christmas, Ben and I decided to get a nicer coffee machine. At $200 it was definitely an investment, but we knew Black Friday would possibly lead to a good deal. Kohl's mis-marked it for $75 and even after pointing out the incorrect price, they sold it to us for the $75! We call it the Christmas Coffee Miracle. It's currently on sale on Amazon for $125 if you've got some Christmas money to spend. The frother is my favorite thing about it (as well as the reusable filter).  It's a little more environmentally friendly than using a machine with K-Cups which I appreciate. 



I lived with the Whighams (2 of my favorite years ever) and Danielle shared her dream of starting a ceramics business.  Well, this year it happened and it's the most gorgeous pottery ever (I may be biased, but browse her photos - you'll soon agree).  I love that the mugs are microwave safe (but not husband dropping safe).  I also have several succulent pots and the plants in them are happy dudes. Check out her Facebook Page and follow her on Insta.  Her throwing videos are mesmerizing (and oddly soothing).


After years of wanting a Life Planner then settling for a cheaper substitute that I ended up disliking and abandoning, I finally bought the planner of my dreams with birthday money this year. They are currently 20% off and you can save even more with my referal code.  It is the first planner I've owned that I truly keep up with because you can personalize it to a certain degree to be what you need it to be. 



Part of the success of using the planner consistently is planner stickers.  I was a sticker junkie as a child.  Adding stickers makes just about anything more fun. I love the Create 365 line (also available at Hobby Lobby) and have a few different packs that cover all my planner sticker needs. 


I also have metric crap ton of fun pens to use.  Flair Pens are by far my favorites for using in the planner, but I also love Staedtler Triplus Fineliners and Papermate Inkjoy Gel Pens.


Technically I got this in 2017, but really put it to use this past year.  I made all of our shirts for our Disney trip, various gifts, and wall decals for our new home.  It's fairly easy to use and the software plays nicely with Photoshop which I appreciate. 



I've gone old school and started printing off some of my photos.  Target used to use Snapfish or Shutterfly and the quality was dubious. Now that they've gone back to just Target Photo, the quality is great for 1 hour prints. I especially love printing 8x10's to hang up in our house and the quality holds up even for a larger print. 



By far my favorite app of 2018. It tracks your reading and lets you follow your friends to see what they're reading too (although, don't follow your high school English teacher unless you want to find out they read some pretty risque books). My favorite part of the app is that you can set a reading goal for the year.  I'm upping my goal this year a bit after reaching 500% of my goal this year.  Also, shout out to my school library and Waukee Public Library for keeping me well stocked on books this year!



Color Story is my favorite photo editing app. It has lots of editing tools as well as filter and effect packs you can purchase if you like.  90% of my phone photo edits are done through this app (the other 10% are with Snapseed).  Need help with making the most of your phone photography? I'd love to chat about some of my favorite tips/tricks!


It took me a while to jump on the My Favorite Murder train, but I've more than made up for it by bingeing hard the last couple months. If you are a fan of true crime, but don't like super spooky, this may be your new favorite thing. Just don't listen to it when your home alone and in your basement.  That's a really poor choice.  Trust me. 



What are some of your favorite things you discovered this year? (or what you're looking forward to in 2019 - I'm looking at you Circular Saw that arrives in a few days)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik